Saturday, March 10, 2007

Heron Sea Reading in Havre de Grace

On April 9, at 7 pm, the Havre de Grace Maritime Museum will be hosting me, M. Kei, for a reading from my new book Heron Sea, Short Poems of the Chesapeake Bay. I'll be reading poetry and telling the stories behind the poems. Heron Sea will be forthcoming in the next couple of weeks and is my first collection of poetry, themed, obviously enough with my life on the Chesapeake Bay.

More information will be forthcoming, or sign up for the museum's mailing list at the link above.

Poems from Heron Sea:

I write poetry
like the hills of Maryland,
slow, easy, green swells,
rolling from creek to vale,
with all the time in the world.

Previously appeared in Sketchbook 1:3, December, 2006.


stitch my shroud
tie granite to my ankles
bury me
deep in the heart
of the Chesapeake

Previously appeared in Simply Haiku, Spring, 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment