Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Have a Wreck (But only if you're over 21)

You heard it here first.

Last fall my family and I went to a crabshack, which is a local institution here in the Chesapeake region. It's a roof over an open air bar that serves steamed crabs and other food. I wanted a good drink, and I like gold rum, so my daughter devised a mixed of gold rum and cranberry juice with a bit of pineapple. I added a spritz of ginger ale and the bartender threw in an orange slice. Voila, tasty drink!

It needed a name, so I called it the 'wreck.' Yeah, have a few of those and you'll definitely get wrecked.

My daughter, being under 21, was the designated driver. She's looking forward to her next birthday in which it will be legal for her to sample our concoction.

Enjoy responsibly!

~K~

No comments:

Post a Comment